We recognise that when looking to buy a used vehicle you want to buy with confidence and peace of mind:
- In who you are buying from
- That the car is safe to buy (both mechanically and in terms of history)
Peace of mind:
- That there is someone to turn to if you have a problem with the car
- That there is someone to turn to if you have a problem with the seller
- That the car is under warranty with third party support
As the UK's leading motoring organisation we are regularly asked by car buyers how they can purchase a used vehicle with confidence and, demonstrating our position as the Motorists Champion, we feel obliged to put them in contact with a dealership that shares our ethos for quality, integrity and exceptional customer service. That's why we set up our network of RAC Approved Dealers.
RAC Approved Dealers are the only dealers who offer RAC BuySure; a guarantee that every car purchased from one of our Approved Dealers comes with the following:
- A certificate confirming the vehicle has passed the RAC 82 point Approved Vehicle Preparation Standard
- A Car Data Check
- A minimum of 3 months RAC Warranty
- 12 months RAC Breakdown Cover (Roadside, Recovery, At Home)
- RAC Accident Care (for the duration of your breakdown cover)
We visit our Approved dealers at least 6 times a year to check their vehicles are prepared to our standards.
Our Approved Dealers also work to our Used Vehicle Code of Practice. This is the first used vehicle code of practice to be approved by The Chartered Trading Standards Institute. Our code sets out the standard that our Dealers need to follow when it comes to delivering exceptional customer service in line with your consumers rights.